Sometimes, unforeseen events such as an illness, hospitalisation or a death in the family can create an urgent need for respite. Sunflower Care Services are open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Our facilities provide short to long term, low to high care accommodation.
We can accommodate people from the age 6 upwards who have an intellectual and/or physical disability with separate accommodation for other health conditions such as Parkinson’s, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Cerebral Palsy and Dementia. A registered Nurse is onsite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We aim to provide a positive experience for both the person with a disability and the carer.
Our services encompass:
- care by trained care workers
- cooked meals including providing for people with dietary requirements
- day to evening respite stay
- flexible 24 hour support to meet individual needs
- gender separate accommodation
- home style environment
- internet access
- onsite registered nurse
- outdoor entertainment areas
- short to long term respite stay
- social and recreational activities
- support with personal care, mobility, meals, medications
- transport to community resources
- wheelchair disabled access
Our respite support is flexible and can be:
- Unplanned when a break is needed at short notice and/or an emergency when there is an immediate need such as a carer going to hospital
- Planned throughout the year so that there are regular or occasional breaks, for example, support can be for a couple of hours, a day, a weekend, a week or more.
Sunflower Care Services cater to people of different cultural and linguistic backgrounds, including people of indigenous heritage. We employ people to meet such requirements and also utilise translating and cultural consultancy services when necessary.